Friday, April 30, 2010

Cowboy Friday Night

What a lovely night to be outside. Paul and I, along with Becky and Sandra pulled on our boots and went to the fair grounds. Live music, and the smell of bar-b-que. The guys from my office were participating in the Bar-B-Que cook off associated with the Ranch Rodeo this weekend. We didn't do much, just walked around visiting with folks we knew, ate a funnel cake, and listened to live country music. I couldn't even tell you who it was, just that he and his band were from Lubbock.
You know I see a lot of fads come and go, and often think to myself, yep, I probably would have done that if I was 18. But the cowboy boots with short shorts... I don't think I ever could have done that. Not that some of them don't look cute. It's just not natural. Having worn my fat babies for four months now, I can see where it might be more comfortable than heels. But I don't think they are doing it for comfort.

No comments: