


Logan remembers fondly her daddy taking them to the creek on weekends. She was so excited to take her dad to the "creek" that she and Philip had found to poke around in. We loaded up the nets, and the dog and headed to Clifton around 11:00. I was a little worried, as my family has a knack of taking me down trails covered in poison ivy. When Logan assured me there wouldn't be any, because there were "steps" I didn't picture this. What a lovely little place to have near your home.
On the upper side, the water was at least 10ft deep. On the bottom side, it was knee deep. The limestone shelves on the bank were lush and sparkling with clear cool water trickling down them. Bo ran and jumped in first thing, and lost his glasses. Not a big deal, as they were already beyond repair. So now he is wearing his contacts until we can get a new pair.
We lunched on chicken and smoothies before heading home. Paul had to bring home a bucket full of minnows and tadpoles for our aquarium, so we came straight home. I took a nap in the hammock, and Paul... is out on a call.
Yesterday, Paul, Bo and I worked in the yard for five hours. That is a lot of work. You can certainly tell it. Things look so much better.
A special note: Tomorrow is my friend Christy's birthday. I wish her the absolute best. It is probably unusual for an employer to be friends with an employee this long after the fact. But not if you knew Christy. She may have "oops, forgot to have children" (private joke)... but the truth is, she is busy nurturing all the grown children that call her friend. Thank you for taking care of us for all these years. We love you, now take care of you. If you need ANYTHING.... I will be there in a blink. You just have to let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment