Saturday, August 08, 2009

I miss Melanie Humphrey. She was my neighbor across the street for years. I could always count on her to act glad to see me when I got home on Friday nights. Mel and I shared that feeling, that Friday nights are an occasion. It didn't matter if all we did was sit in the front yard, and watch the kids catch fire flys.
Last night I got home... and I was the only one wanting it to be "Friday Night". Paul bless his heart is working today, so last night was just another night to him. He is always so busy, sitting an visitin' isn't usually an option. I feel fortunate that I was raised by folks that knew how to sit. My folks would sit on the patio, and draw people like flies to watermelon rind.

I pulled my lawn chair out and sat in my drive way, alone. Drinking a beer. Paul started to sit down, but got a call and left. It was a beautiful night in Hewitt. I think I better plan a trip to SA soon. I have a friends porch there waiting to be visited on.

No comments: