Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bill Zachry

I lost a precious friend this week. When I was a young art student in college, I signed up for a printing class. I wanted to learn how to screen-print t-shirts. I ended up taking every printing class Mr. Zachry taught. When I got finished with those, he managed to come up with an "independent studies" class. As most of you know, I work in the printing business. Largely because of Mr. Bill. I always tried to go by and visit him when I was in Portales. Last August, while home for my class reunion, I managed a quick visit while running an errand to the grocery store. He was just as sharp as ever. Puttering around in the yard. I'm glad that I got to see him. I know Mickey his wife will not know what to do with herself. Rest in peace Mr. Bill. We'll mind the "fire trap" until we see you again.

No comments: